Although meetings always have a serious agenda or speaker, the evening itself is informal.
Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each Month from September through to June. They are held at the Glenmoriston Hotel Annex and start at 7.30pm sharp. Please join us as non-members are always very welcome.
PROGRAMME FOR MEMBERS’ MEETINGS – SESSION 2016-2017
- Thursday 15th Short guided tour of the riverside area led by Graham Tuley re trees and their impact on the local environment. (This ties in with the suggestion that the Trust plant 50 trees to celebrate 50 years since its inception. It is hoped to follow this up in Spring 2017 with a series of plantings in various sites with attendant publicity.) Due to the obvious constraints of the shorter evening daylight this will necessitate an early start, meeting at Abstract (Glenmoriston Hotel) at 6.00 p.m. The guided tour will last until approximately 7.30 p.m. (Sunset) and outdoor clothing is advised.
- Thursday 20th October. Restoring buildings – Inverness and Highlands. Talk by Steven Laing, Managing Director, Laing Traditional Masonry. Steven is currently renovating the Inverness Town House and Inverness Castle.
- Thursday 17th November. City Deal. Presentation by Stuart Black, Director of Development and Infrastructure, and Helen Carmichael, Provost of Inverness.
- CHANGE OF DATE OF NEXT WEEKS INVERNESS CIVIC TRUST MEETING. This month’s Inverness Civic Trust meeting is on Wednesday 15th December at the Annex of the Glenmoriston Hotel, 7:30pm and the evening is entitled ‘UHI Students Interim Presentation on their Housing Projects’.3rd Year UHI students were given the below brief ‘Our Highland Place’ an architectural competition some time ago by the ICT and students will be presenting their plans so-far and thereafter will be scrutinised by the committee and those attending. They will then (if they survive) come back with their ‘tweaked’ plans for final presentation at our AGM on 20th April.‘Our Highland Place’ an architectural competitionWe realise that Christmas will soon be upon us and your time is precious. However these students are our future and your input and support and/or criticism would be very much appreciated by them and trust. Thank you in anticipation of a good turn out.Can we also remind everyone that non-members are very welcome.
5. Thursday 19th January. A Conservation Architect’s perspective. A presentation by James Maxwell architect, relating to conservation he has been involved with, in particular the restoration and alteration of Dalcross Castle.
- Thursday 19thFebruary.UHI – A Vision for Our Future. A talk by Clive Mulholland whi is the Principle and Vice Chancellor of the UHI.
- Thursday 16thMarch. Presentation on Castle Hill/ Bridge Street from Graham Watson who is Head of Resources at Highlife Highland.
- Thursday 20thApril. AGM and interim Presentation on their Housing Project by UHI Students.
- May. Possible visit to Housing Expo. (Weekend outing?)
- June. Trust visit/outing to other attractions e.g. Dornoch (Sheriff Court House), and other projects James has been involved with. Any suggestions for visit/s from Trust members, please let me or any committee member know.
Ranald Smith, Secretary, 30th August 2016.
N.B. As you may know the Trust committee has agreed that the Trust year be extended an additional two months following the AGM, hence the proposed meetings for May and June. Due to possible future circumstances out with our control we may need to make changes and/or amendments to the programme. If this is the case we will inform you as soon as we possibly can.